Tuesday 24 September 2013

Wildlife of Bermuda

Hello!

I have been thinking about my new post since I finished the last one. Nothing interesting came to mind until now. I decided to describe what is around me everyday- wildlife of Bermuda.

Tree Frogs
My favourite are the tiny cute frogs, you have to agree with me that they looks so friendly. Tree frogs spends most of their time in trees but sometimes they come down where you can see them. Once in the evening when I was closing the windows one of them jump into my room. I gently caught the frog under a jam-jar and let it go outside.



When my husband moved to Bermuda he couldn't sleep a couple nights because the tree frogs sing all night. They start when it is dark outside. I made video to show what they sounds like. Video is not so loud but believe me they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKNbZZcsiAY&feature=youtu.be

Bullfrog 
Another frog is not so sweet and much bigger than my small friends. If you have dog or cat watch out because this frog can be poisonous. However, the poison is on the skin and will not be releasen unless frog is bitten or is stressed. I found pictures where someone has a frog in their hands, so this frog isn't dangerous to our health.

                                                 

Spiders
Now the worst part of my post is about spiders, I hate these creepy, disgusting monsters! But they exist and in Bermuda you can see them everywhere. I tried to find their name's online and found much more, lot of pictures what made me sick which stopped me researching more. All I know is they are everywhere and you have to watch out for webs. This guy on the pictures lives in my backyard :/

 Couple days ago my husband took me to a forest where I met the biggest spider in my life! I almost had heart attack when  we saw this! So remember never go to places with a lot of tress! I also found excellent pictures but I don't want to this monster every time when I open my blog. Sorry guys but for better pictures you have to research yourself :)

Lizards
Now I can take you to a better part of my note. Ladies and gentleman please meet colourful lizards! Just like the disgusting spiders,  you can meet lizards everywhere. Big, medium, small on the tree, wall, on the ground just look closely. If you are lucky you can look at them a little longer and they watch you. Just be careful of your movement because they are very skittish.



Besides the described above creatures you can also see a lot of birds, fishes, cockroaches and much much more. If you want I can describe other creatures for you as well.

XOXO LoveMessages

No comments:

Post a Comment