Saturday 4 October 2014

Camping

Not so long time ago in August I went north camping with my friends to Kawartha Lakes. I have to tell you that was really intense trip which included canoeing and portage. I have never canoeing in my life before (well I practice before that trip once) so doing that for over an hour was hard. All my arm was soreness next day and I couldn't look at that boat anymore. If you never tried canoeing you definitely should try. You will understand how hard was keep balance in that unstable boat and not fallen to water. One quick move and you are in water with all your equipment. Another thing on which one you should keep your eye on is hidden rocks. Well I am telling you this for reason and based on my own experience. Yeap you are right me and my husband stocked on one of the rock and couldn't move at all. Our boat was in the meadow of the rock and I have to tell you I was panic. When we hit the rock our canoe start shaking like crazy but thanks God we kept balance. But imagine yourself in that awkward situation what would you do if you were me? Nobody can help you because everybody are on the same kind of unsteady boat. All I could think was "Please just don't flip over". Anyway somehow we moved all canoe form that rock and could paddle again. Another very hard part of our trip was portage. Especially for my poor husband which one had to carry that peace of shit to another lake. 
But beside those minus my trip was amazing. Beautiful view, clean water and air, clean sky, fire and company of my friends. 
I tried fallen to sleep the quickest I could because I was afraid of bears which one live somewhere over there :/ 







No comments:

Post a Comment